As progressive and post-Mormons continue to leave the LDS church in increasing numbers, many former LDS church members miss the sense of community that they once enjoyed as active Mormons.
Oasis is a network of secular communities that meet weekly (on Sundays), organized according to the following values:
1) People are more important than beliefs.
2) Reality is known through reason.
3) Meaning comes from making a difference
4) Human hands solve human problems.
5) Be accepting and be accepted.
Currently the Oasis Network has two thriving communities:
Also, a new Oasis community is under development in Boston: http://bostonoasis.org.
In this episode we interview the two founders of Oasis: Mike Aus of Oasis Houston, and Helen Stringer of Oasis Kansas City.