In this episode of Mormon Stories, we interview Noah Rasheta — the Executive Director of the Foundation for Mindful Living and host of the Secular Buddhism podcast. This meaningful and compelling interview covers:
- Noah’s early life as an orthodox Mormon believer and his struggle with the thought that with all of the good in the world, is it possible that the path set forth by the LDS Church is the only valid one?
- How he felt uneasy and shaken as he broadened his study of the Mormon faith
- His description of his transitioning process, his fears of leaving the LDS Church, and “coming out” as a non-believer to those in his faith community
- How as his transition progressed, his view towards people became more kind, warm, and compassionate
- His studies of Buddhist philosophy and the development of a purpose-driven life by integrating Buddhist teachings, modern science, humanism, and humor