In this episode sex therapists Natasha Helfer Parker and Kristin Bennion discuss healthy sexuality in a Mormon Transition. Some of the topics include reclaiming personal authority, education, exploring your sexual template, principles of healthy sexuality, masturbation, and pornography use within a relationship.
- Books Recommendations
- Come as You Are by Emily Nagoski
- Guide to Getting It On by Paul Joannides
- How to do Sensate Focus exercises (mindfulness around touch & sensation)
- Laci Green (Youtube Channel): https://www.youtube.com/user/lacigreen
- Gifts for Sexual Intimacy: https://www.lelo.com
- Ethical/Quality Erotica:
- Natasha’s website and bio click here
- Natasha Helfer Parker ‘s podcast: www.mormonsexinfo.com
- Natasha’s Online Practice: Symmetrysols.com
- Kristin’s website and bio click here
- Kristin Marie Bennion does small videos on her website and Facebook page
To see a schedule of upcoming MT Live Show Episodes click here
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In counseling with with mixed faith couples, is there a typical pattern of how it affects sex and intimacy within the marriage? Does it differ if the former believer is the husband or the wife? Or is it the case that each situation is unique?
Thank your question! We will add it to our show notes for the episode today 🙂
Hey Margi, I saw you at the grocery store, although it took a second for my brain to place you. But then I felt like I was seeing a celebrity. Ha. I decided not to approach you as I believe you’ve talked about being an introvert before, and I know how that goes. 😉 Anyway, just wanted to let you know we’re listening.
I really wish there was a transcript of this podcast.
[…] area. I have to shoutout to the Mormon Transitions project. They recently did a two-part series (here and here) that was really enjoyable and relevant to this subject. Mormon Stories has also done […]